Purpose and work
What are the key responsibilities and main areas of work of the DAT.MENT Working Circle?
- Discussing and assessing suitability/qualifications of potential new members
- Mentoring new members
- Maintaining the buddy system
Who is in this circle? Who are the stewards?
- Stewards: Stacco & Sara
- Members: Silvia, Lisha, Lara, Timothy, Sofia
What procedures, protocols, processes does this circle need? What templates are needed?
- Interviews for potential new members
- Mentoring materials: DisCO Wiki, all DisCO literature (Trilogy, etc.), GMC Handbook, GMC Wiki and video tutorials
- Description of what it means to have a specific role in DisCO, and how this differs from more traditional organizational setups.
What workflow tools does this circle need?
- Mattermost for organizing calls and interviews, getting a general impression of new candidates from the group
- Loomio for discussing potential members, needs of the collective
- Wiki for providing information and mentoring
How and where does DAT.MENT connect with other circles?
- COMMUNITY: Getting everyone’s feedback about potential new members, providing mentoring, integrating new members into the family
- STO.DOC: Providing feedback on educational materials, identifying any information that is missing, etc.
- LEG.FIN: Liaising to establish the commitment levels and ensuring that hours aim to be within budgeted levels
What rhythms are needed and how do they relate to our other rhythms?
- Regular Check-Ins and Mentoring: Check in and receive mentoring from your buddy and/or other DisCO members.