Purpose and work
What are the key responsibilities and main areas of work of the LEG.FIN Working Circle?
- Keeping track of open value accounting, payments, taxes, spending, bank accounts, value tracking and distribution
- Collecting data based on members' time-tracking sheets to use on Valueflows
- Compiling evidence and financial reports for funding as required
- Conducting legal research for the eventual establishment of the DisCO Foundation
Who is in this circle? Who are the stewards?
- Stewards: Caitlin, Silvia
- Members: Maro, Irene
What procedures, protocols, processes does this circle need? What templates are needed?
- Regular discussion on Loomio to keep everyone informed about finances and reflect on our understanding and implementation of the economic model
- Payments to members
- Financial reporting
What workflow tools does this circle need?
- Clockify: for tracking hours in various workstreams
- Mattermost: for general urgent communication, questions
- Trello: to keep track of tasks and procedures
- Loomio: for discussing the economic model and making financial decisions
- Spreadsheets: to keep track of and distribute value until the software is ready
- Next Cloud: for organising and storing invoices, records, etc.
How and where does LEG.FIN connect with other circles?
- COMMUNITY to communicate with everyone about value tracking and payments and get feedback on how the value tracking and distribution system is working
- TECH to ensure that software is accurately reflecting value in the collective
What rhythms are needed and how do they relate to our other rhythms?
- Weekly: Circle Check-In
- Monthly: payments