Purpose and work
What are the key responsibilities and main areas of work of the Community Working Circle?
- Our heart. Our core.
- Everything to do with the human side of the collective, our health, relationships, culture, mutual support, etc.
- Shaping the carework dimension of the collective
- Rhythms, tools, working circles
- Meetings and minutes
Who is in this circle? Who are the stewards?
- Stewards: Brian
- Every DisCO member is in this working circle.
- Those familiar enough with the rhythms, tools and governance model can steward.
What procedures, protocols, processes does this circle need? What templates are needed?
- Good communication and regular use of all of the tools is needed to keep track of everything within the Community circle.
- Rhythms such as the Daily Check-Ins, Weekly Sprints, Working Circle and Mutual Support calls, and Loomio checks a few times a week keep the Community circle moving forward.
What workflow tools does this circle need?
- Mattermost for daily communication, sharing, building group culture, providing support
- Loomio for addressing larger concerns, brainstorming, growing and learning together as a group.
- Trello is the collective’s file cabinet. The DisCO Trello Board keeps us on track with our tasks and commitments so that all of the communication happening on other tools can be put to action.
- BBB/Jitsi/Zoom for meetings and support calls.
How and where does Community connect with other circles?
- As Community is the heart, it is connected to all other circles. It is the intersection of the Venn diagram. The other circles cannot function well if the Community circle is not functioning.
What rhythms are needed and how do they relate to our other rhythms?
- Daily Check-In: Keeps everyone in touch and aware of the general health and mindset of all collective members.
- Weekly Working Circle Steward Check-In: Check-In on Mattermost by all stewards to communicate highlights of what is happening in their circle, what is pending and what needs a jumpstart. It brings coherence to the Sprint Call.
- Tuesday Sprint Call: Helps keep focus on what tasks are most urgent and gives everyone a glance at what other members are working on.
- Weekly Vibe Call: This is a slower-paced call than the Tuesday Sprint. It allows for co-mentoring and other variations of support to happen. Once a month this session is replaced by the Monthly BYOB call.
- Biweekly Mutual Support Shuffle: Every two weeks, we shuffle the order of the Mutual Support Conga Line to give people a chance to support and be supported by someone new.
- Monthly BYOB: This call is like sitting around a campfire. Members can bring fun and different ways to connect with each other. It creates space for deeper relationships and also for other forms of expression and connection through art, for example.